The project builds upon the results from the CDNI, CCR, Province of South Holland, Port of Rotterdam to eliminate release of organic compounds in transport, mainly shipping and terminals. Now tons VOC are blown out of cargo tanks from both inland as maritime ships each day that are highly polluting and toxic.
The project comprises of partners that wish to eliminate this practice in a responsible way. The project will comprise of the number of core partners, supported by partners that will carry out predefined tasks. surrounding the project associated partners will be involved for input, on site demonstrations and dissemination.
The project will comprise the following work packages:
WP 1 Management
WP 2 Dissemination, awareness and acceptance
WP 3 Enabling through technical solutions
This work package will focus on the stimulating and facilitating the needed technical development to ensure that vapor recovery can be achieved, emissions be reduced to near 0% and enforcing regulations can be supported in an effective and efficient way.
All these will result in dedicated demonstrations to learn from each other, as:
- Zero point assessment
- Demonstrations vapor recovery
- Demonstration vapor release monitoring
- Demonstration of vapor recovery tracing system
- Impact assessment on implementation of the vapor recovery on transport logistics
WP 4 Governance
- Roadmap to 2020 to 10% LEL or equivalent, Technical already available
- Roadmap to 2025 to meet the land based emissions norms, Technical a challenge but achievable
- Roadmap to 2030 towards 0% emission, Technical innovation required
WP 5 implementation, logistics and operations
- Economic impact
- Stimulate, enable and roll out the roadmaps