Project ideas: GEOgreen
The project aims to develop tailored "green" sustainable model for Geoparks and UNESCO World Heritage Sites that could supports the management bodies (public and privates) in enhancing policies for the promotion of sustainable tourism practices with special focus on disabilities and new technologies.
The project analyses the needs and the potentiality of Geoparks and World Heritage Sites ( UNESCO sites in general) in the green mobility field with special focus on supporting disabilities and with the aim to develop new tourism offers with focus on sustainable transports and new technologies.
The project will analyse the existing plan, the infrastructure, the architectonic barriers, the existing technologies and the actual infrastructural connections between public transport and the touristic "hot spots" of the UNESCO sites.
Interviews to disable people engaged in local associations will be crucial to develop the report.
The partners in the end will develop one common strategy that will allow them to fulfill the gaps underlined in the need analysis.
The inclusion of the GEOVR virtual exhibition-platform that Magma Geopark is developing inside the strategy and it will be part of the plan. In fact special stop will be planned in order to offer virtual innovative experience to the tourist and disable people that will travel inside the UNESCO sites partners of the project simply sitting in one location with the support of digital tools.The platform will be run from next year and is easy implementable by other UNESCO partners.
The GEOgreen strategy in the end will support the UNESCO sites to develop green mobility disable-friendly solutions, to connect tourist from the public transport to the localities and to the hot spot provided with GEOVR technologies, reducing the CO2 emissions and increasing the use of public transport and to erase barriers for disabilities both physicals and ideological. The GEO green strategy will be tested and adapted in order to be adopted by the Governmental bodies involved. The leader is member of the UNESCO Geoparks Network, this will allow the consortium to expand the strategy Worldwide.
Integration with European policies:
- EUROPE 2020 Green economy- CO2 reduction.
- Sustainable transport and mobility.
- European Disabilities Strategy 2010-2020. (Accessibility and integration)
- EUROPE 2020- digital society.
- Implementation of the tailored plan in the Regional policies.
- Increase the sustainability and the tourism attractiveness of remote areas for disable people.
- Increase the awareness of people in sustainable practices and disabilities issues.
- Enhance the use of new technologies inside the UNESCO Sites ( Geoparks and WHL)
Main issues (problems to face within the project):
- Lack of tourism strategy plan for the development of green infrastructure in combination with the use of innovative technologies with special focus on disability.
- Lack of tourism offer for disable people in the Geoparks and UNESCO World Heritage Sites that can provide them with proper means of transport.
- Need of "green" transport connection between public transport stations and the UNESCO localities.
- Need of expanding the use of new technologies for providing disable people with "outdoor" experiences.
- Lemvig Kommune, Geopark project- Denmark.
- Shetland Geopark. Scotland
- Odsherred Geopark Denmark
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites listed (WHS)
- Aspiring Geopark projects.
- National, regional, public authorities responsible for cultural and natural heritage.
- Tourism income providers.
- Mobility and environmental Regional Authorities.
- Development agencies- Regional and National.
- Universities and private independent research centers (tourism, mobility and sociology sectors).
- Organizations in economic sectors with a strong impact or dependence on natural and cultural heritage.
- Association that focus on supporting the disabilities.
- No profit and NGO involved in natural-cultural heritage promotion and disability sectors.