What we want do to in this project:
- Use sensors for availability of ‘open/shared’ bicycles and reservation of a bicycle for last-mile transportation
- From ownership to open use/sharing of bicycles, what happens to open-use bicycles.
- Monitoring and navigation of more safe cycling routes and the “healthiest” routes in terms of air quality (real time?)
- Where did I leave my bike? Parking solutions
- Cycling navigation & always green for cyclists? Smart navigation for cyclist to avoid bike congestion
- Integration of cycling with Public Transport and multimodal information?
- Cycling Safety near junctions through communications between bicycles and cars
- One day event on which all people of Assen + also other locations (?) use bicycles and get information on how much they cycled, what does this mean for their health. At the same time measuring of emissions in the city.
The City of Assen has built a high quality and large-scale measurement fiber network to allow for the development of a variety of practical applications that use complex sensor systems. Assen will function as a living lab for sensor system applications. An example could be to develop an open source platform mapping a range of useful data on cycling networks, access restrictions, traffic measures, delivery and transport facilities, districts, population, land use and carbon emissions.